Privacy Notice – GDPR
The Hamaara Centre – Privacy Notice
At PMF we take Data Protection very seriously. Our processes have been updated to meet
the requirements of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
The privacy notice below sets out exactly how we process your data, your rights in relation
to your data and who to contact about data protection and data.
For any queries, please contact at Tel: 01772 889431 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We pledge to:
- Keep your data private and secure.
- Not sell your data to third parties.
- Delete or destroy data after it has fulfilled the purpose for which it was collected, and is no longer legally required.
- Only hold your data when we have a contract with you, a legal duty, or a legitimate business need.
Who we share your data with:
Our funders (this is needed to secure the money necessary to run our activities and is
Organisations connected with the running of our IT and network systems. All third parties
are required to take appropriate measures to protect personal information in line with our
Bodies we have a joint venture or agreement to cooperate with.
HMRC and other government bodies (PMF employees only).
Internally with staff and volunteers when it is necessary for the performance of their duties.
Privacy Notice – The Data We Collect And How We Use It
Contact details – names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses.
To contact you in relation to particular enquiries such as
- Alert you when sessions are cancelled
- Identify where our clients come from for funding purposes
- To fulfil a business contract with you.
Personal details – date of birth, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion
To provide demographic information to our funders; this information is anonymised and
your personal details will not be passed on; without it we may not be able to offer you the
full range of services, as it is needed for funding purposes.
Personal stories and quotes
To give as examples to funders; these will be taken with your consent.
For publicity and for use in funding bids, again with your consent.
For security or legal purposes.
Activities in the Centre
For funding purposes.
For payment of services.
How we keep your data secure
- Written documents are kept in locked cabinets and secure rooms.
- Electronic documents are kept on password‐protected network systems.
- Discarded data is deleted or shredded.
- You will be alerted to suspected data breaches, and we will follow procedures to try to minimise any harm.
Your legal rights
You have the right to see your personal records, to ask for inaccurate data to be corrected,
and for all your personal data to be completely removed from our records, subject to the
You will need to provide ID that you are the person whose data you are requesting to see,
amend or remove.
There is no charge for accessing your personal information unless we feel that the request is
unfounded and excessive.
We will be unable to amend or remove your data if there are legal reasons why we cannot.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner if you feel that we have
not complied with your data protection rights.